Wednesday 26 June 2013

Neatness

This, dear readers, is our dining table:

We only have a dining table because of me, I wanted one. I have a desk too (currently covered with things).

I am not generally a neat person. Organised, mostly (I know where everything is - the oldest excuse of the messy), but not neat.

My dear husband tolerates this as best he can. His admonishments are gentle.

But, the results of this mess are often quite nice, if you ask me. Because this mess, the general clutter I surround myself while busy, is the mess of me getting things done. My desk is in chaos - but it's a productive chaos. My field notes, papers I referenced, the book I just finished (open at the place where I found a killer quote) and, sadly, the laundry basket lid, form the strata of the progression of my masters degree.

Our dinner table is a place of fun, however (even though I've been writing there - the clutter is getting a tad oppressive - join me in laughing at myself for a minute). The latest creation from there is this splendid collar, for my sweet Talos.

Yep, she's a beauty :) The collar is pretty nice also.

Alright, so tonight I'll de-clutter my desk. The dining room table, though, has to wait for a trip to a good craft/fabric store. Need me some buckles and other metal accessories. :D

(with greatest apologies and appreciation to the wonderful husband. Thank you for seeing the pretty, and ignoring the mess. You are much loved)

No comments:

Post a Comment