Monday 20 May 2013

The curious sniffle?

Earlier this year, in one of those rare moments of insanity that works out well (so far), we got a dog. Not just any dog, though, but this little thing:

She was 8 weeks old and weighed 450 grams when we got her. She could literally fit into a shirt pocket:
In the intervening four months (almost, anyway), she's grown to a lovely almost 4 kilograms (with another one or so to go before she'll be her final size). She's also gone to puppy classes, which she's doing quite well in, and which had two fairly peculiar somethings happen to me. The trainer who heads our class asked me if I'd like to join them at their trainer training classes, and I've started having ambitions of doing dog shows. An obedient pug? Me, at dog trainer training? What on earth ...

But it's true, she takes to training like magic. She loves it, I enjoy it a lot, and it gets us out and about at the dog school. Also, it's a whole new world of things to learn. I like learning. Like my dog, I guess.


We're just out of puppy class and into dog school, my Talos and I. Here she is, sitting (and staying) next to her certificate:

(she's gotten big, hasn't she?)

Pug-loving isn't all I do, though, I'm an anthropologist in the making (although a little lost somewhere between a masters and a doctorate), and a keen fishkeeper. I've also got the greatest husband in the world, and some pretty neat hobbies besides these.

With this picture heavy post, I inaugurate my blog 'the curious sniffle'. Is it a pug reference? Is it because I have a cold? Does it have something to do with my anthropological interests? Or does it just sound cute?

I've been wanting to blog for ages, both the rambly writing-for-myself kind (like this one) and more focussed writing. So, here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment