Friday 11 July 2014

The pug life!

Hello everyone, Talos here! Nina here too, we're co-writing.

Today, I want to tell you about a typical day in my life. It starts, like any good day, in a nice warm bed, with a faithful warm human placed next to me.

Don't you dare believe that she makes getting up easy. As you sit up to try and escape her warm, fuzzy clutches, she shifts her position and puts her paws around you to try and keep you down. Eventually, though, we manage to escape the pug's ridiculously soft and snuggly warmth, and get dressed for the day.

After letting them get my breakfast ready while I snooze in the warm bed, I get up and eat my portion - which I'll have you know is perpetually too small. I forgive them this indiscretion, though, (just barely, the looks you get when that bowl is empty!) because after this, I settle down on my softer human's lap for my morning nap. She makes soothing clickety-click sounds while the laptop hums soothingly, and I just drift away. Sometimes she struggles with something, and I help her by bashing on the keyboard a bit until the computer goes 'beeeeeeep'. That means it's fixed!

Talos occupies my left elbow crook. This is her elbow, she has claimed it, and I have simply learnt to type from a new position. It no longer gets stiff or sore like it used to. Takes about six months for a human to fully adjust, I guess. Oh, and yes, she does honestly sometimes bash the keyboard. And yes, it does make programs crash. BSOD... her middle name, perhaps? On the plus side, I've developed great saving habits.

Not long after morning nap, the daily ritual of cruelty happens. My human sits there, and eats delicious food, while I have to stare and watch. It's inhumane! Inhumane, I tell you!

Lunch. It's called lunch. Which you don't get, because two meals (and a million treats in between) gives you enough food to remain at a good weight. I get lunch because you tire my arm out, and I need the boost mid-day.

I don't tire your arm out! I barely weigh anything - and whose fault is that? Oh, wait, you said treats!


TREATS!


Into my mouth! NOW!

Ok, ok, I'll settle for playtime.  Afternoons are all about my playtime, yes? Wait a minute, why am I asking? Human, play time! Let's go!



We do some training during 'playtime' too, at the moment it's front crosses and learning to weave with a channel. 

After afternoon playtime it's walkies! I love walkies :)




Then, dinner and sleep, and I get to do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment